While working with the Canon printer, sometimes you may face problems and your printer may display error messages. You can fix canon printer error 5b00 by opting a simple procedure as Canon provides numerous methods to get rid of the printer related issues.
This is the basic restoring procedure which will act on all the possible issues that may be found in your particular canon printer model. You can also resolve your issues like full ink pad situation.
- First of all, turn off your canon printer and press the HOLD/STOP button towards down.
- While holding the stop/reset down, you need to press the on/off button on the printer to turn the printer on and off again.
- Press the stop/reset button twice with the light, tapping motions.
- Make sure that you have pressed the on/off button while doing carrying out the procedure.
- Unhold all the keys that were being pressed down and wait until rest appears on the screen.
- Now, touch the STOP/RESET button for five times consecutively and then press the ON/OFF button for two times swiftly.
This is the basic troubleshooting process for the Canon printer which does not require the turning off of the printer.
You can also use an alternate method to resolve your printer related issue. In this process, you need to run your printer in the service mode so that the work can be done itself. Doing so will make the printer think like the ink absorber pad is empty instead of full.
- First of all, turn on the Canon multifunction printer and tap the MENU button on the printer.
- Put the Canon printer in the service mode. Press the SCAN button and then COPY and SCAN button in exact order.
- Now, keep pressing the + key until you reach the COUNTER ACCESS option. After having the counter access, press the OK button. After that a page counter will appear on the printer’s screen which will indicate the total number of pages that are being printed on it.
- Click on the OK key and then press the COPY button.
- Use the - key in order to lower the score the to zero and then press the OK key.
- Keep using the + symbol and look at the menu and stop once you get to SCAN PAGE COUNT.
- Again set this counter back to zero in order to wipe the score on the page counter and reset the counter on the Canon printer.
- Now, browse for the entire menu slowly until you reach the ABS-M DON’T COUNT option and set this score back to zero and then click on the OK button.
- Press the stop/reset button when rest of the keys are down.
- Turn the printer off and turn it on by using the on/off button on it.
If you are getting the INVALID KEY message appears on the screen then you are done with the process. Now, disconnect the power cable from the printer and again connect it. At the end of this step, you are done with your process.
If still you are confronting any issue related to your printer then you can contact the Canon printer customer service phone number to take assistance. You will be provided the instant support from the experienced technicians to resolve your issue.