Internet Explorer is the browser which the users get installed as the default program on your Windows system. IE is the favorite browser for many because of its useful functionalities. IE has error reporting mechanism which allows the end users to counter various failures. There is also a personal bar which brings a new level of personalization & convenience to web browsing. The IE browser is very supportive and runs on almost every system.
But like all other applications and programs, there can be trouble at times with the Internet Explorer. The most common issue being browser not responding or working. This problem can be solved through various troubleshooting steps.
Here are some of the best advice to fix the problem of an unresponsive IE browser –
Close an unresponsive Internet Explorer
- Click on the ‘X’ button in the top-right corner of the window to close the browser.
- Now click on the ‘Start’ button and then type ‘task manager’ into ‘Start’.
- Choose ‘Task Manager’ and open the Task Manager program which will force the IE to close.
- Click on the ‘Process’ tab now and then click ‘Internet Explorer’.
- Click ‘End task’ which will close the Internet Explorer browser without prompting you for confirmation.
Delete the tool bars
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Manage add-ons’ which is in the middle of the drop-down menu.
- Tap on ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ tab on the left side of the window.
- Select a toolbar that you want to remove and then click ‘Disable’. It will disable the selected toolbar.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click on the ‘Start’ button in the bottom-left corner.
- In the ‘Start’ option type ‘Internet option’.
- Click on ‘Internet Options’ which is at the top of the Start window.
- Now choose the ‘Advanced’ tab and then click ‘Reset’. The button is located near the bottom-side of the window.
- Now tick the box of ‘Delete personal settings’.
- Finally click ‘Close’ when prompted.
- Looking for advanced steps to reset the IE browser? Dial Internet Explorer phone number for help.
Reset Internet Protocol (IP) settings
This is an advanced troubleshooting steps which will resolve issues receiving a ‘Page cannot be displayed’ message or ‘404’ message. Reset TCP/IP to solve the problem and here are the steps –
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower left of the screen and right click to select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ from the menu.
- Type ‘netsh in tip reset’ and press ‘Enter’ at the command prompt.
- At the command prompt, type ‘netsh winsock reset’ and press ‘Enter’. Once the command passes, a successful message will be displayed.
Looking for the best steps for solving the IE browser problems? Dial Internet Explorer technical support number for the best browser troubleshooting steps. Support experts will diagnose the problem and provide instant solutions.